Eating foods that your body reacts to can cause your body to ‘dump’ serotonin and create several neurotransmitter imbalances. The issue with food hypersensitivities is that most people don’t realize they have them. The symptoms of food hypersensitivities are often delayed anywhere from 2-72 hours, so it can be very difficult to determine exactly which foods may be to blame. The only way to know for sure is to complete comprehensive food hypersensitivity testing, such as a Lymphocyte Response Assay, or LRA test and then avoiding those foods while you work to restore proper gastrointestinal, immune and neurotransmitter function.
The Science Behind Amino Acid Therapy
- What are Neurotransmitters?
- Inhibitory Neurotransmitters
- Excitatory Neurotransmitters
- How are Neurotransmitters Made?
- Proper Neurotransmitter Balance
- Imbalances Cause Disease Symptoms
- Science and Clinical Insights
- – Causes of Neurotransmitter Imbalances
- – How to Improve Neurotransmitter Function
- – Properly Balanced Amino Acid Therapy
- – Proper Neurotransmitter Production
- – Amino Acid Therapy Safety
- – Neurotransmitter Testing
- – OCT Assay Interpretation
- – Resources and Testing