Some people are genetically predetermined to have suboptimal neurotransmitter function. This is why you can often see patterns in families with such disorders as migraines, insomnia, depression, anxiety, OCD, ADD/ADHD, weight problems, trichotillomania or others listed earlier . Having a genetic predisposition to neurotransmitter imbalance may mean that you need to take some form of amino acid therapy for the rest of your life in order to compensate for that underlying issue. However, you can compensate for it in most cases. Just because you were ‘born with it’ doesn’t mean that you are stuck with it; you can change your lot in life and amino acid therapy can be the key you need to unlock your full potential.
The Science Behind Amino Acid Therapy
- What are Neurotransmitters?
- Inhibitory Neurotransmitters
- Excitatory Neurotransmitters
- How are Neurotransmitters Made?
- Proper Neurotransmitter Balance
- Imbalances Cause Disease Symptoms
- Science and Clinical Insights
- – Causes of Neurotransmitter Imbalances
- – How to Improve Neurotransmitter Function
- – Properly Balanced Amino Acid Therapy
- – Proper Neurotransmitter Production
- – Amino Acid Therapy Safety
- – Neurotransmitter Testing
- – OCT Assay Interpretation
- – Resources and Testing